Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Nick Riasanovsky <ni...@bodo.ai> on 2021/07/29 22:28:59 UTC

Changing the Parser

Hello calcite developers,

I am working on a project that utilizes the calcite-core and I would like
to extend the parser to support syntax that is custom to my application. I
believe some of the additions I would like are supported by SQL offerings
(such as <=> in SparkSQL) and could be included in the main project, but I
have other additions that are unique to just my project.

I found a stackoverflow post online that suggested I may need to clone
calcite and build from source (I'm currently downloading the jar), but I am
wondering if it is possible to extend the parser without maintaining my own
clone.

For context, I may need to add new TOKENs and I want to extend existing
statements with additional input options, so I do not believe I can just
add changes to the .fmpp file (although I would appreciate further
clarification on how that works as well).

Thanks,
NIck Riasanovsky

Re: Changing the Parser

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.