Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Fitzpatrick <ro...@webtent.com> on 2006/04/07 19:05:29 UTC

RE: upgrade to 3.1.1 [solved]

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 12:42 -0400, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> > Thanks, I am running Postfix 2.2.8 with amavisd-new 2.3.3. I took a
> > message in my inbox, viewed source and copied to a file on the server,
> > but when I run 'spamassassin -D testfile', it just sits there and
> > hangs. The messages are getting through, it's just there is a 30-60
> > minute delay. Why do you think this does not work?
>
> Try adding this to your amavisd.conf:
>
> 	$sa_debug = 1;
> or
> 	$sa_debug = '1,all';
>
> I'm not sure of the difference there, but those should allow amavis to
> give you some information about how SA is running.

Thanks, but I found the issue, and this happened before, I had just not
remembered. Couple of problems, my restart amavisd command in
rulesdujour was wrong because the location changed in the last
portupgrade of amavis. I found that out this morning while trying to
figure out why my new rules were not working. Anyway, all restarted fine
for the first time in a couple of months I'd say. The real problem is
when I run rules du jour, I end up with duplicate cf rules
in /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin as well as a RuleDuJour sub folder,
so it is processing double. I nuke the rules in the SA folder, leaving
the ones in RulesDuJour sub folder and all is well again.

Now, my question is this. I assume the cf files in RulesDuJour sub
folder are the correct rules since there are multiple versions of the cf
files with the date appended to previous versions. I see in my
rulesdujour config file that my SA_DIR is set to
'/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin'. Is the RulesDuJour sub folder
supposed to be in a separate hierarchy? The TMP_DIR is set to
TMPDIR="${SA_DIR}/RulesDuJour" by default. Can someone tell me what I'm
doing wrong with my rules to cause duplicates when running rulesdujour?

--
Robert