Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by chenjian <ch...@uvic.ca> on 2004/10/16 21:20:30 UTC

could not receive email using smtp server

Hi,

I installed James on my windows xp home edition. I tried to send email through
my hotmail account to test if I could receive email. However, I got the
following error in the log file.

14/10/04 21:22:23 ERROR smtpserver: Socket to bay9-f29.bay9.hotmail.com
(64.4.47.29) closed remotely.
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:220)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:277)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:408)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:450)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:182)
	at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
	at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:136)
	at java.io.BufferedReader.read(BufferedReader.java:157)
	at
org.apache.james.util.CRLFTerminatedReader.readLine(CRLFTerminatedReader.java:
98)
	at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.readCommandLine(SMTPHandler.java:505)
	at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.handleConnection(SMTPHandler.java:358)
	at
org.apache.james.util.connection.ServerConnection$ClientConnectionRunner.run(S
erverConnection.java:417)
	at
org.apache.james.util.thread.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.jav
a:55)
	at org.apache.james.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:90)

I can see from the log file that the hotmail is trying to send multiple times,
but all failed. So, this kind of error messages appears lot of times in the
log.

Could anyone help me out? Thanks a lot,

Jian

RE: could not receive email using smtp server

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Not sure what problem you're having, but I just tested with my own hotmail
account, and all worked fine.

	--- Noel