Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Great Info <gu...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/08 17:52:46 UTC

Flink does not cleanup some disk memory after submitting jar over rest

I have deployed my own flink setup in AWS ECS. One Service for JobManager
and one Service for task Managers. I am running one ECS task for a job
manager and 3 ecs tasks for TASK managers.

I have a kind of batch job which I upload using flink rest every-day with
changing new arguments, when I submit each time disk memory gets increased
by ~ 600MB, I have given a checkpoint as S3 . Also I have set
*historyserver.archive.clean-expired-jobs* true .

Since I am running on ECS, I am not able to find why the memory is getting
increased on every jar upload and execution .

What are the flink config params I should look at to make sure the memory
is not shooting up?

Re: Flink does not cleanup some disk memory after submitting jar over rest

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi,

What you could also do is to create several heap dumps [1] whenever you
submit a new job. This could allow us to analyze whether there is something
increasing the heap memory consumption. Additionally, you could try to
upgrade your cluster to Flink 1.12.2 since we fixed some problems Maciek
mentioned.

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/a/3042463/4815083

Cheers,
Till