Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/17 19:56:24 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] discontinue 4-x HBase 1.0 releases?

FYI, HBase has recently decided to discontinue the 1.0.x line. I believe
the pending 1.0.3 release is expected to be the last.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Shouldn't be a big challenge, the friction for porting back patches from a
1.1 based tree to a 1.0 based tree will be low. The exception will be
anything touching Region/HRegion but those differences can be mostly
handled with simple substitution.

For CDH users, note there's also
https://github.com/chiastic-security/phoenix-for-cloudera, which has
branches for the last two releases, should be informally maintained by the
Phoenix community for a while, and lets you build Phoenix release binary
compatible with CDH's version of HBase.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [DISCUSS] discontinue 4-x HBase 1.0 releases?

Posted by Stephen Wilcoxon <wi...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.  Until Cloudera moves CDH off Hbase 1.0, Phoenix should continue to
support it.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--