Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Henrik K <he...@hege.li> on 2011/05/25 08:52:48 UTC

Note to RelayCountry users

If you are using RelayCountry plugin, you are most likely using almost two
years old IP::Country::Fast database, or possibly even older.

You might want to update the database, I tried a random sample of 20000 ips
from my flow and 6% of the results were changed.

I documented some details here:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RelayCountryPlugin

(I think I will commit Geo::IP support to trunk soon)

Re: Note to RelayCountry users

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Henrik K wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 09:33:19AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
>> Benny Pedersen wrote:

>> > yep hope this will have ipv6 also, sorry that i say wiki was bad,
>> > its not, i just seem to remember xx was a specific country, but
>> > generateing country lists now does not include xx so let that
>> > asside, is IP::Country hardest to update then Geo::IP ?
>> >
>> > last one is not completly free as i remember ?
>>
>> There is always http://countries.nerd.dk - I've been using that in
>> rbldnsd format for a couple of years.
>
> Sure, but it doesn't exactly replace all the magic that you can do
> with X-Relay-Countries rules..

Probably not, I was more thinking as a pure data source.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Re: Note to RelayCountry users

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.

--
Benny Pedersen

Re: Note to RelayCountry users

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Wed, 25 May 2011 09:52:48 +0300, Henrik K <he...@hege.li> wrote:

> I documented some details here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RelayCountryPlugin

and IPs not found in database are marked with 'XX'

XX is some country to, its -- that is no listsed

> (I think I will commit Geo::IP support to trunk soon)

mora ram load :(

i have updated my db, it takes around 2.1G ram to make this lists used in
this plugin, docs says 600M