Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Cameron Gandevia <cg...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/13 03:21:16 UTC

Multi-line Events

Hi

We are currently using the original flume and are considering switching to
flume ng using the exec "tail -F" source and eventually the spool directory
source
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1425?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
.
My only question is I don't see how to handle multi-line log entries such
as stack traces using either of these methods. Is this possible?

Thanks

Re: Multi-line Events

Posted by Cameron Gandevia <cg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply, my plan was to write a simple python script to handle
this if there wasn't already a mechanism.

I am also going to look at modifying FLUME-1425 to support pluggable
readers but couldn't get the patch to apply to trunk. I will take a look
again later.

Re: Multi-line Events

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,