Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 2001/07/01 07:12:30 UTC

Re: Copying gif files

Turn off filtering.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerald E. Bennett" <mr...@austin.rr.com>
To: <an...@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 3:04 AM
Subject: Copying gif files

Re: doclet extension

Posted by Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>.
msew wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a link to a good tutorial or even just example
> files of how to easily extend the standard doclet?

To the best of my knowledge, extending the standard doclet isn't that easy.
Admittedly, I looked at it about two years ago, so they may have refactored
it.  The biggest problem though isn't the organization of the doclet
(although that was an absolute mess), its the fact that you
(effectively) never instantiate your doclet - all the methods the javadoc
utility calls have to be static.  Thus, how do you inherit from the standard
doclet to change its capabilities?  The standard answer used to be
"duplicate the code and then change what you want."  Not having checked out
the standard doclet in a long time, thats going to have to be my answer too.

> ie you have a @<tag> and you just want to easily use it in your every day
> javadocing :-)

You think they would have made that easy, wouldn't you. :-)

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.

doclet extension