Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Danilo Luiz Rheinheimer <da...@floripa.com.br> on 2002/09/25 14:27:56 UTC

How to start

Hi,

  What I can use as a starting point to make my jetspeed portal ?
  The problem is the sample who comes with jetspeed has many features
so I am felling lost.
  What I need to keep to have a really minimal portal (just a simple
user autentication) and one "hello world" portlet ?
  So with this I can envolve the portal to fill my needs.
  TIA.

--
Best regards,
 Danilo                          mailto:danilo@floripa.com.br

Re[2]: How to start

Posted by Danilo Luiz Rheinheimer <da...@floripa.com.br>.
Hello Alex,

Thursday, September 26, 2002, 5:52:13 AM, you wrote:
>>   What I can use as a starting point to make my jetspeed portal ?
>>   The problem is the sample who comes with jetspeed has many features
>>so I am felling lost.
AM> Just take one of the portlets most close to what you want and start to
AM> modify that one.

  But my problem is not on write portlets.
  It is on create a new minimal portal WebApplication.
  I want this app to be minimal so can be easy to me replace the
authentication method, customize how the portal looks, translate
to my native language (portuguese), make a JBuilder project to
debug and so on.
  The problem to me is the Jetspeed WAR has many features and this let
me confuse. For example they have a hsql database server inside it. I
do not need it because I will use another authentication method.
  As I do still do not know very well how portlets work and are
configurated it is difficult to me start to remove things without
break something or let something I do not need on the project.

--
 Danilo                            mailto:danilo@floripa.com.br

Re: How to start

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk>.
>   What I can use as a starting point to make my jetspeed portal ?
>   The problem is the sample who comes with jetspeed has many features
>so I am felling lost.

Just take one of the portlets most close to what you want and start to
modify that one.

Eg the Velocity portlet if you are a velocity programmer, the JSP portlet
if you prefer JSPs. (There is one isn't there).

You can ignore all the other portlet types you don't need.

Alex

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/