Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by tung vu duc <tu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/05 12:48:32 UTC

How to beginn with Microsling

I have read some articles on dev.day.com about mircosling. It is really great web framewok, exactly for a content-centric web app.
But i don't still understand how to beginn now. I have successful builded sling (the whole from trunk) with maven. what modules of whole sling should one need
to have the functionaties of Microsling and how to integrate these with a Jackrabbit Repo.

These articles on dev.day.com show the cool concept of sling and microsling. But newbies need somewhat clear, complete and practical exampls to beginn.
I personally want to integrate microsling + jackrabbit into my Grails web app to ease the access, manage, versioning and event notifications of the contents.
So i really want to know how to beginn with microsling.

Thanks in advance!
Tung Vu

Re: How to beginn with Microsling

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>.
On 5 Sep 2008, at 20:48, tung vu duc wrote:

> But i don't still understand how to beginn now. I have successful
> builded sling (the whole from trunk) with maven. what modules of
> whole sling should one need
> to have the functionaties of Microsling and how to integrate these
> with a Jackrabbit Repo.

You can take the resulting sling war file and put it into any web
container, eg tomcat. It contains the jackrabbit jars, and will
automatically set up a repository, which will be available instantly,
also via webdav. Then you can immediately put content and scripts into
sling using eg curl.

Macintosh-3:sling torgeir$ find . -name "*.war"
./launchpad/testing/target/org.apache.sling.launchpad.testing-4-
incubator-SNAPSHOT.war
./launchpad/webapp/target/org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp-4-
incubator-SNAPSHOT.war

Use the bottom one, and rename it eg. sling.war before adding it to
tomcat. Your sling instance would then be available at http://localhost:8080/sling/

Check eg with http://localhost:8080/sling/system/console/bundles or
try http://localhost:8080/sling/index.html

I guess you've already read http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/discover-sling-in-15-minutes.html