Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ryan Sweet <ry...@sourcelabs.com> on 2008/03/14 23:31:40 UTC

inventory for a virtual product?

I'm lost - I'm trying to create a product that is virtual - ie has no
inventory - it is a subscription account billed either monthly or yearly.

I must be missing something because I've set the product to virtual in
the catalog, but in the store it still says that there are none of the
item in stock.

Re: inventory for a virtual product?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Shereen,

instead of setting it as a virtual, please try to set the product type to "Service".

Jacopo

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Ryan,

Any subscription product is a Digital Good, so productTypeId="DIGITAL_GOOD"
for this product.  A subscription product will neither be virtual nor
varient.  You'll need to create a "SubscriptionResource" record and finally
associate it to the "Product" using "ProductSubscriptionResource" entity.
In "ProductSubscriptionResource" entity you can use fields "useTime" and
"useTimeUomId" to set the Subscription Duration.

--
Thanks & Regards
Mridul Pathak

Re: inventory for a virtual product?

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan

A virtual product is intended to be a parent grouping product for regular
products(the variants).  The classic example is a virtual T-shirt product
which would be used to group products like T-shirt (white, size small),
T-Shirt (red, size medium), etc.  The user would then purchase a T-shirt but
be required to select a colour and size so that one of the variant products
is actually purchased.

There is support for subscription type products in the system but I have no
experience with that, I'm sure someone else would be able to give you more
advice.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.