Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Ming <ov...@sina.com> on 2018/06/19 08:53:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Filter out SYSTEM object for various GET utilities

Hi, all,

I have got some requirements from the support engineers of Trafodion, that
wish to filter out those system objects when doing 'get tables', for
example, those histogram tables, not showing them.

I have created JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRAFODION-3113

What do all others think about this? Shall we need to do this? Or you have
better ideas?

I noticed there are various GET commands, and maybe we can show all object
when it is DB__ROOT, but for normal user, just show normal objects. Or we
should add some new command like 'get all tables' , 'get user tables' , 'get
system tables' , for example?

thanks,

Ming

Re: [DISCUSS] Filter out SYSTEM object for various GET utilities

Posted by Qifan Chen <qi...@esgyn.com>.
+1 on Selva's suggestion, and we can define the semantics of these GET commands as follows.

"get table" and "get user table":  all user-defined tables minus the histogram ones;

"get all tables": all user-defined tables, plus the histogram tables;

"get system tables": all meta-data tables;

Agree with Roberta on the role that the privileges play in this context.

--Qifan

Posted by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com>.
Be sure to -> revoke component privilege "SHOW" on sql_operations from "PUBLIC";

   Roberta

Thanks Roberta, that reminds me. Let me test with Security 'ON'. Probably it is already sufficient...

Ming

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.

Posted by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com>.