Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Siyuan Hua <si...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/11/20 00:49:56 UTC

Is there a way of defining a default partitioner for an operator besides implement partitioner interface

Sometimes I want to separate the Partitioner logic from operator and still
I want to have default partitioner for the operator (with specifying it
from application)

Best,
Siyuan

Re: Is there a way of defining a default partitioner for an operator besides implement partitioner interface

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
We used to have that but the current way is better only because
StatelessPartitioner does not always work as a good default.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.
Isha,

What you are suggesting should be a property on the partitioner instead.
Not every partitioner needs such property configuration. You could have one
that partitions itself based on the external system, for example.

Thanks,
Thomas

Posted by Isha Arkatkar <is...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Gaurav Gupta <ga...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Isha Arkatkar <is...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Siyuan Hua <si...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
I think what Siyuan needs is a way for an Operator to express that a
certain Partitioner is the default Partitioner at the time of writing code.
I like Pramod's idea.

Delegating to another partitioner is a way to do it right now but maybe we
should have a simple way of doing it and Pramod's suggestion fits well.

Thanks,
Chandni

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by "Chetan Narsude (cnarsude)" <cn...@cisco.com>.