Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Ulf Dittmer <ul...@ulfdittmer.com> on 2009/04/28 15:22:31 UTC

PermissionAdmin service does not work with Felix 1.6

Hi everyone-

I have not so much a question, but a heads-up in case someone else
runs into this.

I built the framework.security bundle, and it works fine with Felix
1.4. (Well, the PermissionAdmin service does, I haven't tried the
ConditionalPermissionAdmin service.)

But it fails with Felix 1.6 due to some internal code
reorganizations. In particular, the org/apache/felix/framework/
SecurityActivator
and org/apache/felix/framework/SecurityProviderImpl classes rely on
the org/apache/felix/framework/FelixBundle class, which seems to have
been removed in Felix 1.6.

Maybe this saves someone the time to figure it out himself.

Cheers,
Ulf