Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2017/03/21 18:13:55 UTC

Blacklist asf904 for Geode nightly job

Please blacklist asf904 for the Geode nightly job. It seems to be giving
bad DNS info to our tests, causing UniversalMembershipListenerAdapterDUnitTest
to fail again. Alternatively, if someone else wants to look into the
failures in UniversalMembershipListenerAdapterDUnitTest please go ahead.
I've done all I can for the test.

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: Blacklist asf904 for Geode nightly job

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Unfortunately I don't know enough about DNS or more likely the internal
membership details of client/server to determine why one part of geode says
the hostname is 67.195.81.148 while another part of geode says the hostname
is asf904.

DistributedMember.getId() for a client is returning 67.195.81.148

ClientMembershipListener fires events with ClientMembershipEvent and
ClientMembershipEvent.getMemberId() is returning asf904

I think this is beyond my knowledge of JMX, management, type stuff and
requires someone with client/server membership knowledge to investigate
further. I'm not sure why DistributedMember.getId() and
ClientMembershipEvent.getMemberId() returns the same value on some asf
machines but on other machines one returns ip address while one returns a
host name. I don't really know if it's the machine that's wrong, the test
code that's wrong or something inside that client membership code.

org.apache.geode.management.UniversalMembershipListenerAdapterDUnitTest >
testSystemClientEventsInServer FAILED    org.junit.ComparisonFailure:
expected:<[67.195.81.148](13093)<ec><v8>:3277...> but
was:<[asf904](13093)<ec><v8>:3277...>
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:115)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:144)
        at
org.apache.geode.management.UniversalMembershipListenerAdapterDUnitTest.doTestSystemClientEventsInServer(UniversalMembershipListenerAdapterDUnitTest.java:946)
        at
org.apache.geode.management.UniversalMembershipListenerAdapterDUnitTest.testSystemClientEventsInServer(UniversalMembershipListenerAdapterDUnitTest.java:731)

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: Jenkins karma (was Re: Blacklist asf904 for Geode nightly job)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Yea, thanks Mark!

Anthony

Posted by Mark Bretl <mb...@apache.org>.
Hi Anthony,

Posted by William Markito Oliveira <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anthony,

--
~/William

Re: Jenkins karma (was Re: Blacklist asf904 for Geode nightly job)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Anyone?

This should be done by Mark (current Chair).

Mark, can you add Anthony to the Jenkins LDAP group?

Thanks,
Roman.

Jenkins karma (was Re: Blacklist asf904 for Geode nightly job)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Anyone?

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.