Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benoit Mangez <be...@denali.be> on 2005/11/03 09:56:59 UTC

Producing directory artifacts

Dear All,

I would like to produce a new kind of artifact which will be a
directory. And I've some questions about that.

1) Is it possible for an artifact to be a directory ?
2) Is it possible to install such kind of artifact in the repository ?
(the default install goal is not very happy with a
directory-artifact... should I write an other install goal ?)
3) A jar will contains classes in a sub-directory of my
artifact-directory. And this jar must be added to the classpath when
the artifact is included in dependencies of other artifacts. How should
I do this ?

I found the META-INF/plexus/components.xml file. I see that it is
possible to define an alternate LifecycleMapping (but I think that I
only need a specific configuration of the DefaultLyfecycleMapping) and
an alternate ArtifactHandler.
What is an ArtifactHandler ?
And more generally is there a secret place where I can find
informations about components that can be re-define in this file ?

Thanks.

Benoit Mangez

Re: Producing directory artifacts

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Does WebObjects have any file format for distributing these files together?

You can use the assembly plugin (there are a few docs on the site
about this now) to create a tarball/zip file from this structure,
deploy it to the repo, and later depend on it. I believe the assembly
plugin can also unpack it when you depend on it.

Regards,
Brett

Posted by Benoit Mangez <be...@denali.be>.
Hello,

Here is more precisely what I need:

We are working with WebObjects frameworks with the following structure:

FrameworkName.framework

	- Resources
	|	|
	|	- Java