Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Martin Perez <mp...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/09 12:23:33 UTC

MsPowerPointTextFilter error

Hi.

I was getting an exception on my application and it really took me a very
long time to figure what was happening. MsPowerPointTextFilter is requiring
commons-logging to work, and I did not had that .jar file on my classpath.
The constructor, needs that library to work, and so if you don't have that
library an InvocationTargetException is thrown.

My proposal is to remove that commons-logging dependency. I don't know why
that text filter is doing logging (only one message to print an error), and
why requires logging, when all the other filters are throwing up a
RepositoryException with embedded information.

Kind regards,

Martin

Re: MsPowerPointTextFilter error

Posted by Edgar Poce <ed...@gmail.com>.
hi martin

On 1/9/06, Martin Perez <mp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was getting an exception on my application and it really took me a very
> long time to figure what was happening. MsPowerPointTextFilter is requiring
> commons-logging to work, and I did not had that .jar file on my classpath.
> The constructor, needs that library to work, and so if you don't have that
> library an InvocationTargetException is thrown.

I commited that textfilter but I don't have time to fix it right now,
if this issue is still open I'll take a look at it tonight. Sorry for
the loss of time.

btw, it seems www.textmining.org site is no longer available, it is
hacked!?. I think it will be impossible for new users who haven't
downloaded the textminig binaries to build the textfilters project,
probably we should remove the textminig dependency, WDYT?

br,
edgar

Posted by Edgar Poce <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Martin Perez wrote:
> I haven't
> found a better alternative to extract text from word files.
I've just realized that the textmining jar file is on ibiblio, so I
think there's no problem to use it even when its site is down

br,
edgar

Posted by Martin Perez <mp...@gmail.com>.
Patrick.... as I said : ....I didn't made that class, but currently I
haven't found a better alternative to extract text from word files...

:-)

Posted by Patrick Kimber <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin.

Posted by Martin Perez <mp...@gmail.com>.