Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Kumar Rajnish <ra...@visindia.com> on 2000/11/15 15:12:03 UTC

general/6850: We get broken pipe error.

>Number:         6850
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       We get broken pipe error.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
i have set of servlet module on apache web server which is loaded on linux operating system. the servlet is using Oracle database loaded on windows NT. The complete set of module works fine but some time suddenly gives broken pipe error. This some time is not fixed. It has given error after 6 hr, 24, 3 days.

The error get solvet by restatring the apache server again.

The error_log file in apache/log shows following statement on broken pipe error
[date][error][client 10.1.5.48]File does not exits: /usr/local/apache/htdocs?helpPane.js
[date][error][client 10.1.5.48]File does not exits: /usr/local/apache/htdocs?helpGlobals.js
[date][error][client 10.1.5.48]script not found or unable to stat: /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/dasp

These file are actually not persent in the respective directory.

The error is not on the oracle end as the error number which it shows is not in the oracle documentation. IT gives error as java.sql.error broken pipe error. this is not oracle and java error as it get automatically solved by restatrting the server.
>How-To-Repeat:
i dont know why this proble accour so just cant say how to repeat. Only i know  the error_log file has following line when there is broken pipe error

[date][error][client 10.1.5.48]File does not exits: /usr/local/apache/htdocs?helpPane.js
[date][error][client 10.1.5.48]File does not exits: /usr/local/apache/htdocs?helpGlobals.js
[date][error][client 10.1.5.48]script not found or unable to stat: /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/dasp
>Fix:
the error get fixed by stopping the apache web server and starting it again.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]