Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com> on 2019/01/17 10:24:12 UTC

Show custom message on Guacamole application

Hi,
I want to show some custom message instead of *Connected to Guacamole.
Waiting for Response...* Is it possible?

Thanks and regards,
Shilpa Bhandari

Re: Show custom message on Guacamole application

Posted by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com>.
Do I need to put this jar in the etc folder which is within the container?
I've put it in the etc folder which is at the root of my EC2 instance not
in the one inside container.

Thanks and regards,
Shilpa Bhandari

Posted by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com>.

Posted by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com>.

Posted by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com>.
Ok so I've created a Jar having menifest and updated en.json file with
required changes on the root of this jar. Now where do I put this Jar as
I'm using dockerized version of Guacamole.

Thanks and regards,
Shilpa Bhandari

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 12:08 PM Shilpa Bhandari <

Posted by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Posted by tucky kong <tu...@gmail.com>.
In order to override a file in a docker container, you have to bind mount
<https://docs.docker.com/storage/bind-mounts/> this file when you run the
container:

*docker* run --name *some-guacamole*    \
    *-v /local/path/en.js:/path/in/container/to/en.js   \
    -e GUACAMOLE_HOME=/some-directory \*
    -d -p 8080:8080 guacamole/guacamole

--
Philippe

Re: Show custom message on Guacamole application

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 4:18 AM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> Another option, that I believe would work, would be to create your own
> branding extension and provide a "en.json" file that overrides the
> translation strings for the items you wish to customize.  The following web
> page provides information on extensions, in general:
>
> http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html
>
> On that page you'll find an example of a guac-manifest.json file for
> branding - essentially, within the guac-manifest.json file, you should be
> able to specify a section like this:
>
>     "translations" : [
>         "translations/en.json"
>     ]
>

> And, then, in the translations/en.json, you can override the translation
> strings you wish to change.  The strings you wish to override will need to
> follow the same JSON structure as the original ones.
>
> I'm reasonably certain that will work - I haven't actually tried it, but I
> know that's the way that you override the Application Name, login screen,
> etc., so it should work for messages like "Connection to guacamole...", etc.

Yep, it definitely will. The ability to override translation strings this
way is part of how the theming/branding functionality works.

It's also why the "available-languages" property exists, as downstream
users that override strings for the sake of theming/branding might not do
so for every language supported by Guacamole:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#initial-setup

- Mike

Re: Show custom message on Guacamole application

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 6:19 AM Shilpa Bhandari <
shilpa.bhandari@fonantrix.com> wrote:

> I've seen that we can modify this message from en.json in Guacamole client
> but I've installed Guacamole using docker image. But how can I modify the
> client code of that docker image?

You have a couple of options, I believe.  First, you could fork the Git
repository for the code and customize it as you desire, changing the
en.json files (and whatever other languages you wish to customize) to suit
your needs.

[...]

-Nick

Re: Show custom message on Guacamole application

Posted by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com>.