Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luis Andrei Cobo <va...@megapathdsl.com> on 2000/05/05 15:25:08 UTC

question about contexts

is there a way to make a context that will allow a server to be completely
built with JSP?

eg; http://hostname/index.jsp

and bypass the required need for a directory in the URL?

I realize if running with apache, tomcat and apache would argue over
document root at least until apache realize JSP goes to tomcat....

perhaps theres a way to do this by setting the document root on apache to be
the initial context in tomcat....or vice versa

hmmmm

anyone?

Luis Andrei Cobo

Re: question about contexts

Posted by Luis Andrei Cobo <va...@megapathdsl.com>.
also,

does the document root for context HAVE to be in webapps? Im hoping to
create a completely new architecture for my web site and would like apache
and tomcat to share the new architecture, so that static HTML would be
served by apache and JSP served by tomcat, but not require a /directory
style context as my default.

=)

great list BTW...

Luis