Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2023/01/04 15:23:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Having a in-person community meetup?

Hi all,

some of you remember the times around our graduation. We had loads of in-presence meetups and that really fuled the drive in the community.
Covid sort of was the opposite and it felt like we were sort of losing our drive a bit.

Now that Ben now also lives in Germany, I wanted to bring up this topic again.

What do you folks think of a 2-3-day hackathon on PLC4X (and possibly the Historian)?
Probably we would need to sort of do it Friday to Sunday.

Also currently probing if we could not get TAC to help finance the travels of everyone except me.

Even if I would love a week on the Bahamas, probably something in Germany somewhere round Frankfurt or Stuttgart would make sense
(from the perspective of people being able to come there via public transport and keeping the connection options simple and cheaper)

What do you folks think.

Chris

AW: [DISCUSS] Having a in-person community meetup?

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai>.
Hi all,

I find the idea very cool and would also like to participate.

Cheers,
Philipp

Von: Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>
Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2023 um 11:56
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: [DISCUSS] Having a in-person community meetup?
If I can fit it into my schedule, count me in as well.

Lukas

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>.

From: Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, 11. January 2023 at 08:56
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Having a in-person community meetup?

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On 2023-01-10 14:33, Christofer Dutz wrote:
> So please speak up … who would be interested to come? And who would
> need assistance and if yes: from where you would be coming.

Depending on dates, I am interested to attend. I probably fly from
Copenhagen.

Niclas

RE: [DISCUSS] Having a in-person community meetup?

Posted by Willem Remie <w....@remsol.nl>.
Hi All,

Frankfurt is feasible for me and can arrange my own transportation and accommodation.

Cheers,
Willem

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.

From: Cesar Garcia <ce...@ceos.com.ve>
Date: Tuesday, 10. January 2023 at 14:22
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>

Posted by Cesar Garcia <ce...@ceos.com.ve>.
How are they?

From: Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 9. January 2023 at 08:51
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@fzi.de>.
Hi,

From: Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 9. January 2023 at 08:51
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>

From: Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 9. January 2023 at 08:51
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jl hong <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

It’s so appreciated for your invitation. Of course, I like to attend the
event, but it is unrealistic for me, because of many limitations such as
money, free time, and the abroad experience, I haven't even ever left China
before.
I like to dream I can see all of you one day, if I have a Gulfstream G650 I
like to take all of you travelling all over the world, Haha.

Jinlin

Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> 於 2023年1月5日 週四 下午6:59寫道:

From: jl hong <my...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 5. January 2023 at 02:16