Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com> on 2013/11/27 17:23:49 UTC

HBase Phoenix questions

Hi all,
I've read a lot of good things about Phoenix here and I have a few
questions that maybe some of you, who already use Phoenix, can help me with:

How does Phoenix handle pre-existing data (before it was deployed) ?

Does the deployment require HBase restart or just RegionServers restart ?

How does Phoenix handle values that are data blobs - say my value is not an
Integer but a Writable with two members like impressions (Integer) and
revenue (Float) ? Is it possible to add a sort of an adapter to Phoenix for
such use cases ?

Thanks,

Amit.

Re: HBase Phoenix questions

Posted by James Taylor <jt...@salesforce.com>.
Amit,
So sorry we didn't answer your question before - I'll post an answer now
over on our mailing list.
Thanks,
James

Re: HBase Phoenix questions