Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Peter Davis <pe...@pdavis.cx> on 2002/07/15 09:09:46 UTC

'a.out' in bin/ after build

I just built rev 2508 on Linux/i386, following basically the standard
instructions from INSTALL, configured as:

$ ./configure --prefix=/foo/svn --with-berkeley-db=/foo/db \
              --with-apxs=/foo/apache/bin/apxs

(berkeley-db and apache had previously been installed in /foo/{db,apache}, and
apr[-util] and neon were built directly in the svn source tree; as you can
see, about as standard as you can get)

Anyway, after running 'make install', I ended up with the file
'/foo/svn/bin/a.out', which is an exact copy of the 'svn' executable in that
same directory (and of course is actually in ELF format, despite the 'a.out'
name).  I'm guessing this isn't supposed to be there, left over as an
artifact from the build and accidentally copied along with the other
exacutables.  It's a minor bug, just thought I'd ask if anyone knew what is
going on.

While I'm writing this, I'd like to quickly ask: at this point, are any more
schema changes (and therefore dump/load cycles) planned before the 1.0
release?  What I mean is, if I begin to deploy binaries of recent revs for
testing, are upgrades likely to be any more painful than just rebuilding
mod_dav_svn and redistributing clients? (I'm not asking for
forwards/backwards compatibility)

--
Peter Davis