Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Logan Jones <lo...@codescratch.com> on 2023/10/17 03:17:56 UTC

TLS Support in Accumulo

Hello:

I know that Accumulo has support for TLS. When turning on TLS support, we
noticed some pretty serious performance hits as a result of turning this on
in 1.10.2. Does anyone actually have TLS turned on for larger clusters? Are
there any known performance problems with turning on TLS?

Thanks in advance,

- Logan

Re: TLS Support in Accumulo

Posted by Logan Jones <lo...@codescratch.com>.
Hey Christopher:

Thanks for the response. Yeah, some performance hit was expected, it was
just the magnitude that we weren't expecting.
Unfortunately, I don't have a great benchmark to tell you exactly what we
saw, though we may have those numbers in the coming weeks. We decided to
pursue wire encryption through another means, but I am hoping to review
some of the numbers at a later date.

- Logan

Re: TLS Support in Accumulo

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.