Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 22:26:47 UTC

Alfresco has internal index - integrating into Solr

I am currently prototyping the use of Alfresco Document Management that has
an internal Lucene to index all the documents managed by Alfresco.

What would I need to understand in order to integrate that Lucene Index into
a separate Solr installation?

I am new to Solr and am trying to use Solr to index WCM produced files on a
file system and then federate (integrate) the Alfresco Lucene Index.

So I want to understand how I should do this from Solr and what I need to
get from Alfresco.

Thanks...jay blanton

RE: Alfresco has internal index - integrating into Solr

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.
Check also Liferay trunk and WIKI pages, it had similar problem - and they
have plugin for SOLR now, just a matter of configuration change - and search
implementation is SOLR... They use SolrJ to do this task, and generic
wrappers around search implementation (which could be anything)...
-Fuad
http://www.linkedin.com/in/liferay