Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Vineet Garg <vg...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/06/25 22:00:28 UTC

Apache Hive 3.1. release preparation

Hello folks,

It has been more than one month since Hive 3.0 release. Plenty of bug fixes and minor features have been pushed in to branch-3 and therefore I believe it is time for us to release Hive 3.1.
I plan to cut off branch 3.1 off branch-3 tomorrow at end of day.  Once the branch is cut please do not commit anything in there. If you absolutely must please check in with me first. I plan to prepare a RC within a week of cutting the branch.

Thanks,
Vineet

Re: Apache Hive 3.1. release preparation

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
That sounds good to me.

Posted by Vineet Garg <vg...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello,

Branch for 3.1 release has been cut off (branch-3.1). I’ll update all the jiras currently targeted for 3.1 to defer it to next release. Please do not commit anything to branch-3.1.

Thanks,
Vineet

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vihang,