Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de> on 2016/09/25 09:25:46 UTC

Offtopic discussions

Fellow contributors,

please stop going offtopic or hijacking a vote thread with discussions
of other topics.

A vote thread is meant to collect votes and should contain -1, 0, +1,
(maybe some remark on why the vote is cast as it is) only, to make it
readable and help the vote owner to evaluate the results easily and
without errors. Direct responses to a vote thread should only me made
regarding the vote itself (like false votes).

Every discussion resulting out of a vote thread can easily be started
with a new mail, a clear new subject and a "was: <vote thread subject>".

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Offtopic discussions

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

I think also prefixing the subject title with [DISCUSSION] really helps
with locating these important threads.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Offtopic discussions

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Jacopo,

Re: Offtopic discussions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
You are right here Jacopo, Thunderbird does that here for instance. It seems your email client does not and would then base threads on subjects not on
emails sources.

I think though Michael is right about creating a *new email* (to not keep the underneath source of the email I responded to)
So I agree I should have created a new email for the new"OFBiz specific rules on lazy consensus" thread (because of email clients like Thunderbird
which base threads on emails sources)
And not answer in the "[VOTE] Put the Flatgrey theme in Attic]" thread by just changing the subject.

I'm the first chastised. Because, as explained Michael, I'll eventually have to count the votes since I started them :/

BTW: I also answered to Scott that I see no problems to have these votes running for a week.

Jacques

Le 25/09/2016 � 11:42, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Re: Offtopic discussions

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Michael,