Posted to user@drill.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2018/02/08 21:38:05 UTC

MapR Drill 1.12 Mismatch between Native and Library Versions

I am running MapR's 1.12 drill on a node that only has posix client
installed (and thus has a MapR client from that).

I've recently had to work with MapR Support to get a fix to posix, and that
fixed one issue, but now when I try to start a drill bit, I get this error.
The fix was a small patch that only updated the posix library... I guess I
am confused why I am seeing one "non-patched" version (in the java library)
and one "patched" version in the native library and why I can't start
drill. I was debating where to post this, MapR community or here, but it's
only Drill I having an issue... any thoughts?

John

2018-02-08 15:20:54,3305 ERROR JniCommon
fs/client/fileclient/cc/jni_MapRClient.cc:687 Thread: 71 Mismatch
found for java and native libraries java build version
6.0.0.20171109191718.GA, native build version 6.0.0.20171229015939.GA
java patch vserion $Id: mapr-version: 6.0.0.20171109191718.GA
e892229b271c98c75ccb, native patch version $Id: mapr-version:
6.0.0.20171229015939.GA bd8dae73f45572194c89
2018-02-08 15:20:54,3305 ERROR JniCommon
fs/client/fileclient/cc/jni_MapRClient.cc:704 Thread: 71 Client
initialization failed.
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.drill.exec.exception.DrillbitStartupException: Failure
while initializing values in Drillbit.

Re: MapR Drill 1.12 Mismatch between Native and Library Versions

Posted by Sorabh Hamirwasia <so...@gmail.com>.
It's really hard to say what's going on with just that one line from log
file. Since you have SSL enabled for WebServer you can try to see time
difference between below log statement [1] and the one which you shared[2],
to get an idea about time WebServer took to startup.

If that is not taking most of the time then probably try looking for logs
between [2] and [3] to find more information.

[1]: logger.info("Setting up HTTPS connector for web server");
[2]: 2018-02-09 12:33:18,575 [main] INFO  o.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit
-Startup completed (600534 ms).
[3]: logger.debug("Startup begun.");

Thanks,
Sorabh