Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hardy <vi...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/11/03 18:56:15 UTC

Release date

Hello,

I just talked with PR people and they pointed out that the week of
November 12th is the week of COMDEX which is not too good to get good
press attention. The following week is Thanks Giving in the US.
Therefore, Susy Struble (the Sun PR person) suggests we postpone the
release until Dec. 4th. This is the week of XML 2000 in Washington.

Another reason for pushing the date is that Stefano just said he could
not help us as much as we had planned and it will likely make it longer
to get everything setup on the Apache site, so I feel more comfortable
with that date.

Please reply to this email if you agree or disagree with moving the
release date from the week of November 12 to the week of Dec. 4.

Thanks.
V.