Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Järkeborn Joacim <jo...@consultant.volvo.com> on 2001/04/25 13:50:52 UTC

Parameter types

Hi there,

I'm new at this list but have already read some useful stuff ;-)

We have MS SOAP as client and Apache SOAP as server. Therefore I have made
the changes accoording to Sanjiva's message:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-dev&m=97901982213396&w=2

It seems to work alright and I have the following in my deployment
descriptor.

<isd:mappings>
  <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      xmlns:x="" qname="x:language"
      javaType="java.lang.String"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.StringDeserializer"/>
</isd:mappings>

When I deploy I get an exception:
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=No Deserializer found to deserialize a ':return' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
No Deserializer found to deserialize a ':return' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.]
  at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
  at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:127)
  at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.undeploy(ServiceManagerClient.ja
va:145)
  at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:2
33)

Why?

My Java method returns a regular XML string e.g. "<example></example>".
When running MS SOAP client and looks at the response data the characters
'<' and '>' are replaced with '&lt;' och '&gt;'

How can I solve this?

Best regards

Joacim