Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ecthelion <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2014/07/29 08:11:29 UTC

cannot initialize module TreeWalker - Unable to instantiate SuppressWarningsHolder

I have maven-checkstyle-plugin(v2.5) and maven-eclipse-plugin(v2.8)
configured.

Everything worked as expected but as soon as I introduced,

<module name="SuppressWarningsHolder"/> *AND/OR* <module
name="SuppressWarningsFilter"/> to my checkstyle-config.xml, I started to
have problems building the project.

Here is what I get:

 [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
1>  [INFO]
1>  [INFO] Failed during checkstyle configuration
1>
1>EXEC : Embedded error : cannot initialize module TreeWalker - Unable to
instantiate SuppressWarningsHolder
1>  Unable to instantiate SuppressWarningsHolderCheck

If I remove SuppressWarningsHolderCheck, I get the same error for
SuppressWarningsFilter.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: cannot initialize module TreeWalker - Unable to instantiate SuppressWarningsHolder

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

That feature was added in Checkstyle 5.7, so you need
maven-checkstyle-plugin 2.12 or newer.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 8:11 AM, ecthelion <ta...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have maven-checkstyle-plugin(v2.5) and maven-eclipse-plugin(v2.8)
> configured.
>
> Everything worked as expected but as soon as I introduced,
>
> <module name="SuppressWarningsHolder"/> *AND/OR* <module
> name="SuppressWarningsFilter"/> to my checkstyle-config.xml, I started to
> have problems building the project.
>
> Here is what I get:
>
>  [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> 1>  [INFO]
> 1>  [INFO] Failed during checkstyle configuration
> 1>
> 1>EXEC : Embedded error : cannot initialize module TreeWalker - Unable to
> instantiate SuppressWarningsHolder
> 1>  Unable to instantiate SuppressWarningsHolderCheck
>

> If I remove SuppressWarningsHolderCheck, I get the same error for
> SuppressWarningsFilter.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Dennis Lundberg