Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Khim <la...@patroids.com> on 2000/10/25 10:56:32 UTC

Can FOP display chinese character text ?

Hi there, i was juz wondering is FOP able to render pdf that contain chinese
character? Or is there anyway that Fop could do it . thanx alot. Khim

Re: Can FOP display chinese character text ?

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> Jeremias Märki
> I've just finished some coding that allows the use of any Adobe Type 1
> font in FOP using Alain Fagot's code as a starting point. It wasn't hard
> to do after what Alain Fagot and Takayuki Takeuchi have already done. So
> the other font types shouldn't be all that hard to implement. In
> addition I wrote a little tool that reads *.pfm files to generate the
> XML files needed for FOP. I'll need some time to finish things up before
> I can submit the proposed changes to the mailing list.

That would be great. Support for different fonts is a feature which
many ask for.

Fotis

Re: Can FOP display chinese character text ?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> Hi there, i was juz wondering is FOP able to render pdf that contain chinese
> character?
No