Posted to users@maven.apache.org by shep <sh...@q.com> on 2008/01/29 14:53:06 UTC

How to run from maven CLI to mimick running from deployment

Sorry for long post, but have not solved this in last week. We are using
Netbeans 6 with maven. We have converted our ant based project over to a
maven project with multiple modules. We have created an assemble that will
create the following deployment structure:

config
    filea.cfg
    fileb.cfg
    filec.properties
lib
    3rdparty
    ourlib
developer
    compiler
        compiler.jar
     generated
server
     runtime

We use class.getResource(“filename”) to retrieve the config and properties
files (config is on the classpath).  These config files are in different
maven modules within the baseline.  I would like to run/debug the
Compiler.class (contained in the compiler module) within maven/netbenas
without packaging and assembly being run. I tried creating a custom goal as
follows:

Executing:C:\Apps\apache-maven-2.0.8\bin\mvn.bat
-Dexec.args=../path/to/inputFile -classpath
-Dexec.mainClass=com.ngc.casper.compiler.caspercompiler.Compiler compile
exec:java
The config files are not found as they are not in a jar, and are not on the
classpath of the compile module, i.e they are in another module. If I place
them in a jar and include as a dependency, then I would have to use
getResourceAsStream and thus would not work when deployed.

Can anyone point me in the direction I need to go? I tried profiles, but
could not get to launch from command line.

Brian