Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2006/11/24 15:41:10 UTC

Jackrabbit on Jboss - security

Hi all,
I've been following the JackrabbitOnJboss wiki for deploying the
Jackrabbit JCA. http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss

Has anyone successfully deployed Jackrabbit JCA on Jboss with security?
There are definitions for security within the repository.xml within the
jca.RAR file, but also more definitions within the server/webdav.WAR
file.  In addition, I can't seem to find much for examples regarding
multiple workspaces -- which would have an impact on the security
implementation.

Can anyone provide some feedback/examples on using JAAS security modules
with Jackrabbit on Jboss in a common business scenario (i.e. can't look
at all without proper authentication, once authenticated certain
authorization roles for certain workspaces)? And, in addition, an
application-server approach that does not involve the jaas.config file
but possibly using the jboss login-config.xml file.

Thanks,
-D