Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Robichaud, Jean-Philippe" <Je...@scansoft.com> on 2005/09/06 16:08:46 UTC

Optimizing insertion of duplicate documents

Hi Everyone,

I have a special scenario where I frequently want to insert duplicates
documents in the index.  For example, I know that I want 400 copies of the
same document. (I use the docboost of something else so I can't just add one
document and set the docboost to 400).

I would like to hack the addDocument to be able to specify a number of time
to duplicate the document, to avoid the analysis process to happen more than
once.

I'm not sure how I should modify the DocumentWriter.addDocument method, any
thoughts?  Or perhaps there is already that functionality somewhere?

Thanks,

Jp