Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be> on 2006/07/16 21:45:52 UTC

Jooreports

Hi all,

There's a tool called jooreports (jooreports.sourceforge.net) that makes
it able to convert Openoffice documents from Java.
I use Cocoon, but I'm no Java programmer at all.  How could I convert an
OOo document using these classes within Cocoon using this ?
I suppose the generator would be the file (test.odt), then the
transformer would call these classes and then serialize as a zip (that's
what an odf file is) ?
I can't write this code myself, but I might be able to "copy" it from an
example.  Can anyone help ?

Yves

Re: Re: Jooreports

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> 2- jooreports is a LGPL project, hence no way to become part of cocoon
> given our current legal policies. :-(

Not exactly true anymore ...we had a discussion over in jakarta land
with Cliff. He was saying that bridging code is not tainted and as
long as the code is optional and we don't ship the jar we might be ok.
So the big new thing is that bridging code is ok.

...but that's a topic for the PMC

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: Jooreports

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
hi,

Another hints:

1-take a look at Apache Lenya, IIRC there is some work related to OOo
handling.
2- jooreports is a LGPL project, hence no way to become part of cocoon
given our current legal policies. :-(

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Jooreports