Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "B. Todd Burruss" <bb...@real.com> on 2011/01/06 20:38:06 UTC

maven cassandra plugin

has anyone created a maven plugin, like cargo for tomcat, for automating
starting/stopping a cassandra instance?

Re: maven cassandra plugin

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
already doing that

- Stephen

---
screen

Re: maven cassandra plugin

Posted by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com>.
Stephen, just FYI cassandra cannot be stopped cleanly. It's jvm must
be taken down. So the plugin would need to probably fork a jvm and
kill it when it's done.

--
/Ran

Re: maven cassandra plugin

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
testers welcome

- Stephen

---
screen

Re: maven cassandra plugin

Posted by "B. Todd Burruss" <bb...@real.com>.

Re: maven cassandra plugin

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
fine by me

- Stephen

---
screen

Re: maven cassandra plugin

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Re: maven cassandra plugin

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
I nearly have one ready...

Re: maven cassandra plugin

Posted by "B. Todd Burruss" <bb...@real.com>.
starting cassandra within maven is very useful (needed) for automated
integration testing.  however, i'm interested in deployment tools as well

Re: maven cassandra plugin

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
capistrano is a different use case. the maven plugin is for integration
testing, not live deployment

- Stephen

---
screen