Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Richard Emberson <em...@contact.com> on 2001/08/09 23:13:19 UTC

scp task

I saw that there was an optional FTP task. Is there an ssh secure copy task

out there. Even within our development environment FTP is disabled (a
good thing) which means to move files cross machine I need scp.

I tried to wrap scp with 'apply' but I guess I/O is redirected because I
was
not asked for the password and the task failed.

Thanks

RME

Re: scp task

Posted by Shyam Koppikar <vk...@tds.net>.
Please cancel my order.

Shyam Koppikar

Re: scp task

Posted by Cedric Berger <ce...@wireless-networks.com>.
Richard Emberson wrote:

> > > Well, we are secure ... we all have RSA passphrases ... so still need to enter
> >
> > RSA passphrases?
> > What the heck is this new beast?
> > Cedric
>
> google (RSA authentication passphrase)
>
> http://w3.pppl.gov/info/pppl-unix/ssh_with_RSA_authentication.html

Well, yes, if you protect your private key with a password, you're out of luck.
(What I mean is: there is certainly a solution to your problem tweaking Ant,
but I don't know it).
Cedric

Re: GUI tool for editing Ant files

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Erik Hatcher <er...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Antidote is a subproject at Jakarta that does this.
>
> I'm not sure if there are binaries available anywhere.

Not ATM, but we are working on it (especially since GUMP already
builds it).

Stefan

Re: GUI tool for editing Ant files

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@earthlink.net>.
Antidote is a subproject at Jakarta that does this.   Here's the README:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-ant-antidote/README?rev=1.1
&content-type=text/plain

You'll probably have to CVS to Jakarta to grab it.   I'm not sure if there
are binaries available anywhere.

Also, NetBeans (http://www.netbeans.org) has a fairly slick UI for editing
build.xml files (except it really bugs me that it alphabetizes the XML
attributes - I want 'name' to be the first attribute, not 'depends' on
target elements!).

    Erik

Re: scp task

Posted by Richard Emberson <em...@contact.com>.

Re: scp task

Posted by Cedric Berger <ce...@wireless-networks.com>.

Re: scp task

Posted by Richard Emberson <em...@contact.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Richard Emberson <em...@contact.com> wrote:
>
> > I think that ought to work, providing the desired capability while
> > retaining security.
>
> Unfortunately it won't work as Ant will not hand the input stream to
> the executable, sorry.
>
> Stefan

It works!!!

in the build.sh file I have the following which launchs the ssh-agent if
the "install"
target is seen:

if [ "$1" = "install" ] ; then
    eval `ssh-agent -s`
    ssh-add
    $JAVACMD org.apache.tools.ant.Main "$@"
    kill -9 $SSH_AGENT_PID
else
    $JAVACMD org.apache.tools.ant.Main "$@"
fi

In the build.xml I have the following target, "install", which executes
the
shell script SCP. I needed a shell script. The apply task *needs* target
files,
not a directory, and I could not figure out how to give it a directory
on
another machine ..... All of Ant's stuff pretty much is network dump, it

assumes everything is on one machine, as oppose to using 'file:' urls.

  <target name="install">
      <apply
        executable="/pathto/SCP"
        parallel="false" vmlauncher="false"

       <arg value="some-ip-address:/pathtoinstalldir/design"/>
       <srcfile/>
       <fileset dir="build/design" includes="*.html"/>
     </apply>
  </target>

The shell script file SCP is a wrapper around the executable 'scp' which

reverses the order of the arguments, from target source, to source
target,
as required by 'scp'  (as said, I could not figure out how to do this
reversal in ant):

#!/bin/ksh

if [ $# != 2 ] ; then
    print "SCP target source"
    exit 1
fi
/usr/local/bin/scp $2 $1

RME

Re: scp task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: scp task

Posted by Richard Emberson <em...@contact.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Aug 2001, Richard Emberson <em...@contact.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, we are secure ... we all have RSA passphrases ... so still
> > need to enter text into a running ant task.
>
> You could use ssh-agent before starting Ant.
>
> Stefan

Thanks for the suggestion.

I ultimately would like to use Ant to push builds to our production
site. Now
I don't want anyone in Engineering, Test, or QA to have a window open
running ssh-agent that would enable anyone to 'get at' the production
site.
So, using your suggestion, I am going to place the call to start the
ssh-agent
and the call to ssh-add within the build.sh file. If the build.sh file
detects that
the user is passing the "push to production" Ant target to Ant, then it
requires the user to enter their ssh passphrase. If that target is not
requested,
then there is no ssh-x started or passphrase requested. Now after Ant
runs, whether or not it success in push to production, the ssh-agent
process
is killed.

Re: scp task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.