Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by bd...@bankdata.dk on 2004/11/12 15:01:22 UTC

Vedr.: Re: 404 Not Found

Hi Oleg,

> 2004/11/12 12:04:42:757 CET [DEBUG] header - ->> "GET /test/script
> > ?key=value HTTP/1.1[\r][\n]"
> 2004/11/12 12:04:42:807 CET [DEBUG] content - -<< "The requested URL
> > /digidok/Overvaagning was not found on this server.<P>[\n]"
> >
> The server response looks a bit fishy to me. The request url does not
> correspond to the resource the server apparently attempted to locate. At
> the same time there has been no redirects or anything. It looks like
> there's some kind of issue with the server-side script

Sorry, that was me that forgot to rename a URI in the log (the real one was
long and had no relevance to the question...

/Morten

Re: Vedr.: Re: 404 Not Found

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 03:01:22PM +0100, bdymob@bankdata.dk wrote:
> Sorry, that was me that forgot to rename a URI in the log (the real one was
> long and had no relevance to the question...
>
> /Morten

All right. That explains it. Anyways, apparently there's something in
the HTTP request composed by HttpClient that causes the web server to
misinterpret the target url. Consider capturing the HTTP packets
generated by Sun's HttpUrlConnection using a traffic analyzer such as
ethereal and comparing them to those generaged by HttpClient.

Does the real target url hapen to contain any non-ascii (apparently Danish)
characters?

Oleg