Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/09/07 19:55:28 UTC

draft board report

Our quarterly board report is due shortly.

I think the big thing this quarter was our VSCode Extension 1.1.0 release.

If there are other things worth mentioning (at the level of the ASF board)
please remind me.

This is due early next week, so I'll hope for feedback no later than
close-of-business on Friday 9/9.

-mikeb

RE: draft board report

Posted by "Interrante, John A (GE Research, US)" <Jo...@ge.com>.
Definitely mention that you plan to give a Daffodil talk at ApacheCon.

Also, if new unreleased Daffodil features are worth mentioning at the level of the ASF board despite not being released yet, the additional support of EXI format for infosets may be worth mentioning.

commit c521ae323638a7e7a9099eae2c46f87d77d5d9d7
Author: alexanderrevello <AR...@OWLCYBERDEFENSE.COM>
Date:   Fri May 20 17:26:50 2022 -0400

    Use Exificient to support EXI format for infosets

    Demonstrates how to use Exificient's EXI library with Daffodil by using
    SAX.  Adds support to the daffodil-cli tool to parse and unparse EXI
    infosets.

Other new unreleased features added since v3.3.0 are support for outputting strings with raw XML as part of XML infosets, support for pluggable charsets, and a couple runtime2/C generator enhancements (support for N-bit Booleans and integers, easier choice of which TDML implementation to run TDML tests).

John