Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/09 17:04:47 UTC

Releasing Maven-Archetype 2.4

Hello,

I'm trying to release archetype 2.4 and I have some questions. I'm
following this guide here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#prepare-release

and I everything up to step 4 stage the release for a vote. I just checked
the git and I can see 2 commits that bumped up already the version to
2.5-SNAPSHOT:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-archetype.git;a=summary

Is this normal? I mean I haven't done the release yet, shouldn't it stay
2.4-SNAPSHOT until the release is ready? I hope I didn't screw it up.

Should I proceed with step 4 -

mvn release:perform

?
Thank you.
--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Re: Releasing Maven-Archetype 2.4

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
That's normal. If you look at the git history, you'll see:

1. a commit with '2.4'. (with a tag)
2. a commit with '2.5-SNAPSHOT'