Posted to user@struts.apache.org by alex xander <xa...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/12 03:45:20 UTC

Struts 2 scheduler

i used struts 2.0.6
i need to schedule a task
i've read the documentation, and it use quartz to schedule
but it don't tell how to implement quartz in struts 2.
can someone help me, or there's another way to schedule a task in struts 2
thx

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Re: Struts 2 scheduler

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
>  But EJB is?!

I had the same reaction :). Go Quartz and don't look back.

musachy

RE: Struts 2 scheduler

Posted by Chamara Gunaratne <ch...@focusinc.com>.
We've successfully used Quartz in projects that also use Struts 2.
Developing a basic implementation of a scheduler using Quartz seemed to be
pretty straightforward ...

Chamara

Posted by "Peters, John" <Jo...@bcbsfl.com>.
Depends on the implementation.
If you only need to run one job every hour, then using an EJB will make
life easier than quartz.
Now if you need to run multiple jobs on varying days and times,
obviously you would use quartz.

> You might want to consider a stateless session EJB that implements a
> TimerService.
> Here are some examples
>
> http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=MonsonHaefel-Co
> lu
> mn4
>
> http://www.javabeat.net/javabeat/ejb3/articles/timer_services_api_in_e
> jb
> _3_0_2.php
>
> Quartz isn't really worth the effort for small mundane tasks.

But EJB is?!

Dave

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.  The information contained in this document may be confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  This document may contain material that is privileged or protected from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, please (1) be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, or copying of this document IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED; and (2) notify sender immediately by telephone and destroy the document. THANK YOU.

RE: Struts 2 scheduler

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

RE: Struts 2 scheduler

i've read the documentation, and it use quartz to schedule but it don't
tell how to implement quartz in struts 2.
can someone help me, or there's another way to schedule a task in struts
2 thx

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.