Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/01 10:25:03 UTC

new JSPWiki wiki available, https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org

Hi all,

First of all, we wish you a Happy New Year !

we have our new JSPWiki wiki running at apache infra. It is available at
https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org.
This is the official replacement for the old www.jspwiki.org (which is
read-only at http://www.ecyrd.com/JSPWiki/wiki/).

The wiki is currently almost empty, we have to start building that up again.
So anyone who is willing to help, register an account and start working on
the wiki.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send your questions to the
list (user or dev).

kind regards,
the JSPWiki team

Re: new JSPWiki wiki available, https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.
Harry Metske <harry.metske@gmail.com wrote:
> it is all personal preferences of course, but I think it needs a couple of
> tweaks:
> * logo's are indeed much better
> * at the top of screen too much space is used for the page title and the
> tabs (view/attach/info), leaving too little left for the page content

I've tended toward more whitespace as I like a "clean" display rather than
things feeling compressed. But I'll try reducing that space a bit,
particularly
the padding within the tabs. It probably isn't so good on a smaller (e.g.,
laptop) screen as on a 19 inch monitor.

> * i'd like the fonts in general a little smaller

I'll drop the overall font size from 100% to 95% and reduce the headings
down a bit.

> * the left menu background color could be little darker, a bit more
> contrast would be nice (when hovering over it is exactly right).

I agree. We typically use this skin for our own internal wiki where we
know the left menu contents already -- for a public wiki the un-hovered
colours should probably be darker.

> BTW: I do get 404's for the following files with this skin :
> /wiki/templates/default/images/jspwiki-strip.gif

That one isn't within the skin, so something in the default template
is the problem.

> /wiki/templates/default/skins/CleanBlue/images/search.gif
> /wiki/templates/default/skins/CleanBlue/images/sortable.gif

Will take a look at these...

Cheers,

Ichiro

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
+1 for me too;

dirk

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
With the logo

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Ichiro,

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dirk,

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Ichiro,

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dirk,

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Ichiro,

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dirk,

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Ichiro,

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harry,

Thanks -- I agree with your suggestions and will send an update privately.
The
new version is CleanBlue v1.0.1.

The biggest problem with too much space was resolved with this:

  #pagecontent h2:first-child,
  #pagecontent h3:first-child,
  #pagecontent h4:first-child {
    margin-top: 0 ;
  }

That is, while generally we'd want some whitespace prior to each heading, we
don't for a first child of the page itself.

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Ichiro, thanks for the skin,

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Ichiro,

I'm always in for new (better looking) stuff, so please send it.
We can install it somewhere and let the team (and others too of course)
have a look at it and then we can decide what to do.

thanks,

Posted by Ichiro Furusato <ic...@gmail.com>.