Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/07/02 17:43:23 UTC

[snickers] moving old snacc test code to LDAPd at sf.net

Jeff,

I intend to push all the test code for snickers that uses snacc4j into
the LDAPd sf.net CVS repo.  We cannot keep this code here within the ASF
due to IP issues with Snacc4j.  The same test code will be refitted to
use Snacc4j generate test PDU's here at the ASF.  I'd like to keep a
copy of the old test code dynamically using Snacc4j at LDAPd.

Also I would like to keep code that generates these test PDU's with
Snacc4j at sf.net in case we need to generate more from time to time and
add the test PDUs to our test code at the ASF.

Now to do this we need the LDAPd CVS repo's to be working again.  What's
the status on this?  It's been a week already - did sf.net get around to
fixing this.

Alex

RE: [snickers] moving old snacc test code to LDAPd at sf.net

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 13:11, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I intend to push all the test code for snickers that uses snacc4j into
> > the LDAPd sf.net CVS repo.  We cannot keep this code here within the ASF
> > due to IP issues with Snacc4j.
>
> Hmmm ... this is test code that uses Snacc4j?

Yes that is correct.

> Not part of the product, just part of our test kit?

That is correct.

> I don't think it needs to be removed.  And I assume
> that when we have snickers working, this code will be removed, beause it
> will have been replaced by a snickers equivalent as necessary.

It's nice to Snickers work with Snacc4J generated PDUs as well as
Snickers generated PDUs.  The test is generally more sound rather then
using what you are building to test itself.  This is the dilema.

> Is that what you meant by
>
> > The same test code will be refitted to use Snacc4j generate
>                                              ^^^^^^^ snickers?
> > test PDU's here at the ASF.

No what is written is exactly what I was referring to.  Basically we
want as a last verification step see that Snacc4j generated PDUs are
readable by Snickers and Snickers written PDUs are readable by Snacc4j
or any other library.

If we generate a PDU using a tool based on Snacc4j we can save the
resultant image and pump that into the Snickers decoder for testing.
This is what I was referring to.

Alex

RE: [snickers] moving old snacc test code to LDAPd at sf.net

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I intend to push all the test code for snickers that uses snacc4j into
> the LDAPd sf.net CVS repo.  We cannot keep this code here within the ASF
> due to IP issues with Snacc4j.

Hmmm ... this is test code that uses Snacc4j?  Not part of the product, just
part of our test kit?  I don't think it needs to be removed.  And I assume
that when we have snickers working, this code will be removed, beause it
will have been replaced by a snickers equivalent as necessary.  Is that what
you meant by

> The same test code will be refitted to use Snacc4j generate
                                             ^^^^^^^ snickers?
> test PDU's here at the ASF.

	--- Noel