Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 07:30:41 UTC

A few words on the website upgrade

Hello guys

I think it was simply amazing work to move all the sites to the cms.
We are just a small team and last year the whole project had a nasty
smell on it- but these days everything looks different. The migration
to the cms showed me that the whole project is on a great way!

I think we need to show that to the world and thus wrote a short blog
post on that matter:
https://blogs.apache.org/roller-ui/authoring/preview/logging/?previewEntry=website_upgrade

It could actually be more interesting... I basically wrote we have
upgraded and we used Twig, Fluido, the CMS and that we got some help.
If you have some more ideas, please feel free to alter the post or
come back here.

The blog post will go live on sunday (assuming no objections of course)

You can watch this preview only with a blogs.apache.org account - if
you are still in need of one, let me know. I think I have the Karma
meanwhile to add you.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: A few words on the website upgrade

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> That's great Christian!
>
> FWIW - I put back an .htaccess file for Log4j but it isn't correct.  It does cause the Log4j 2 website to be displayed at logging.apache.org/log4j, but nothing works because it didn't redirect.

I have removed the .htaccess and added a index.html which does a meta redirect.
This is far from perfect but the only solution which does not show the
directory listing people currently claim about (i got pms and twitter
messages)

for now this should help... better ideas are welcome of course

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
That's great Christian!

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I updated the article.