Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ramana reddy <pv...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/12/28 14:53:25 UTC

Tomcat Server Status with Jmeter

Hi ALL,

 Requirement with Jmeter :
 For server availability: listening to Tomcat server port periodically and send out notification when there is no response on the port(when the tomcat server is down).

For the above requirement I followed the following things:-

1) Add the HTTP Request to the Thread Group element

(Add --> Sampler --> HTTP Request).

Then, select the HTTP Request element in the tree and edit the following properties):

a)Change the Name field to "Server Status".
b)Enter the IP address or Hostname Enter the port number
c)Set the Path field to "/manager/status" if you're using Tomcat.
d) Add a request parameter named "XML" in uppercase. Give it a value of "true" in lowercase.
e)Check "Use as Monitor" at the bottom of the sampler

==>Here I am able to see the status of the server, but I need when the server is down that will automatically send a mail to the owner stating that the server is down.

==>With the mailer Visualizer listener I am able to get the responce when we click the test mail button but it should be done automatically.

  **Please let me know how can I get the email-notification of the server status automatically when the server is down or up.

Thanks&regards,
Venkat