Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thad Humphries <th...@mindwrap.com> on 2002/10/02 18:51:40 UTC

putting workers2.properties in $CATALINA_HOME/conf

The docs
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/configweb.html)
says to put workers2.properties in
"${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties, where ${serverRoot} is
something like /opt/apache."  And although the "Installation" section is
blank (did someone say "documentation"?), I figured out to put
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so in my httpd.conf file.

So, I've got Apache 2 and Tomcat 4.1 working with jk2.  Great!
Question:  How can I put workers2.properties in $CATALINA_HOME/conf and
get it read by Apache 2 (or 1.3) on startup?  On most installs around
here, the root user is responsible for everything under Apache and the
web app administrator runs Tomcat so I'd like to put workers2.properties
in the Tomcat tree.

Re: putting workers2.properties in $CATALINA_HOME/conf

Posted by Thad Humphries <th...@mindwrap.com>.
Never mind, I found it!  In httpd.conf, put

# Tomcat mod_jk2.so Stuff
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so
JkSet config.file /opt/jakarta/catalina/conf/workers2.properties

But tell me, why does workers2.properties use TOMCAT_HOME instead of
CATATLINA_HOME?