Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2000/12/16 19:24:55 UTC

XLink

What is the XLinkHandler, XLinkConsumer, LinkSerializer combo for?

Does Cocoon 2 do anything special with XLinks?

I am beginning to use XLink Linkbases in a project.
Linkbases full of xlink:type="locator" and xlink:type="arc" tags are
XIncluded into my documents and an XSLT transformation renders out any
relevant arcs found.

When I move to using Cocoon 2, I might want to write an XLink Transformer,
to replace the XInclude and XSLT steps, is there some other component of
Cocoon 2 already doing something with XLinks or is XLinkConsumer etc. just
there to make it easier to write an XLink Transformer?

Thanks for any help

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: XLink

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 06:24:55PM +0000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> What is the XLinkHandler, XLinkConsumer, LinkSerializer combo for?
> Does Cocoon 2 do anything special with XLinks?

I *think* they're used within the command line interface, but
I must admit, I'm not 100% sure about that.

P.

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.