Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Michael Williams <mw...@phemi.com> on 2018/10/12 23:38:27 UTC

Build failure on 0.8.0 when using CDH hadoop

Hey all,

I'm hitting some dependency issues when trying to build Zeppelin 0.8.0 with
CDH-5.14.4. Here's the maven command I'm using:

mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pbuild-distr -Pvendor-repo
> -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0-cdh5.14.4 -Dcheckstyle.skip=true -Pr -Pspark-2.2
> -Dspark.version=2.2.0 -Pscala-2.11

With that I run into some Jackson and Zookeeper issues, mainly with
hadoop-client and hadoop-azure. I see that this has been an issue before
and there was a PR to fix CDH compatibility issues for 0.8.0
<https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2723>, but it looks like those
changes have been overwritten at some point.

Wondering if this is a known issue or are CDH builds supposed to be
working? Was that commit to fix this overwritten by accident or not? In the
case that is should be working, is there something that anyone can see
wrong with what I am doing?

Thanks,
Michael

Unsubscribe

Posted by "Richard A. Bross" <rb...@oaktreepeak.com>.
Unsubscribe

You don't need to build with CDH to run zeppelin under CDH, you can just run the following command to run zeppelin under CDH

mvn clean package -DskipTests

Michael Williams < mwilliams@phemi.com >于2018年10月13日周六 上午7:38写道:

Hey all,

I'm hitting some dependency issues when trying to build Zeppelin 0.8.0 with CDH-5.14.4. Here's the maven command I'm using:

mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pbuild-distr -Pvendor-repo -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0-cdh5.14.4 -Dcheckstyle.skip=true -Pr -Pspark-2.2 -Dspark.version=2.2.0 -Pscala-2.11

With that I run into some Jackson and Zookeeper issues, mainly with hadoop-client and hadoop-azure. I see that this has been an issue before and there was a PR to fix CDH compatibility issues for 0.8.0 , but it looks like those changes have been overwritten at some point.

Re: Build failure on 0.8.0 when using CDH hadoop

Posted by Michael Williams <mw...@phemi.com>.
Thanks for the response, Ruslan.

I've noticed that the maven profiles seem to have changed since 0.7.3, so
specifying the profile "-Phadoop-2.6" is ignored and still builds with
Hadoop 2.7.3, the default version. The actual profile is "-Phadoop2" and
I'm assuming that from there you are to specify the specific version with
"-Dhadoop.version=2.6.0....". Let me know if this is not the case for you.

I guess what Jeff was saying is that now Zeppelin shades all dependencies

I can see how shading will solve the dependency issues faced when trying to
build with CDH at the moment but there are still modules that are not being
shaded that will cause transitive deps issues. The biggest culprit being
"zeppelin-zengine", which runs into the same jackson/zookeeper dependency
issues.

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

Posted by Michael Williams <mw...@phemi.com>.