Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kevin J. Turner" <kt...@dceg.com> on 2002/03/18 22:21:55 UTC

Netsted beans question...

Consider the following Nested beans scenario:

You have a message queue; the message queue maintains a list of
messages; each message maintains a list of one or more recipients.

The beans involved are :

MessageQueue --> MessageQueueItem --> MessageRecipients

(A MessageQueue has a HashMap of MessageQueueItems; each
MessageQueueItem has a HashMap of MessageRecipients)

If I want to use nested beans and Nested Bean tags on a JSP to
represent my message queue, do I have to make the root bean of
structure my ActionForm bean in order for it to work? Or can I simply
create an instance of my MessageQueue in an ActionClass and pop it
into the request or session scope? If the latter is possible, then
how do instruct the <nesting:nest ...> tag to look in the request or
session for my instance of the MessageQueue?

Does this make sense?

<k>

--
Kevin J. Turner / dot com Entertainment Group
150 Randall Street, Oakville, Ontario L6J 1P4